Being an event planner is obviously a dream job for millions of people around the world because it is a job that is so rewarding, and it has also been rated as one of the least stressful jobs in the entire world. I feel that people give this job such a great review, because this industry is filled with people who are interested in working in the event planning industry. The people who are interested in such a job will obviously not be stressed at it. In this article, I am going to be talking about all the skills that you should have if you are an event planner.
The skills that I will be suggesting are actually some skills that you definitely should have or even develop before you even become an event planner.
1. The very first skill that you should definitely have is a skill that is required by everyone. You need to be very good at organisation Event planners are people who should be highly organised. They will be in charge of a lot of things and organisation is one of the most important things is that they should keep in mind. Planners will have to keep all of the client timetables on schedule and, they also will have to keep all of the budgets in check. Every single detail will have to run like a well-oiled machine.
2. If we are talking about strategies, they should be really good at that as well. This means that they will have to be strategic when it comes to planning even the smallest details of any event. The client would have paid you for a reason. They would have paid you for your services. You need to make sure that you are very strategic when it comes to delivering really good service. If you do, word of mouth will end up helping you, and they will bring you more clients.
3. You need to be very network savvy. You should have created a network between multiple individuals. You should also have contacts with caterers, photographers, DJs, bands, videographers and beyond.
4. You should also make sure that you are reliable and very adaptable. As an event planner, people will actually be depending on you and your services. That is why you need to be one of the most reliable services that they have contacted. You should also adapt to the customers’ requests no matter what. You need not do anything that you are uncomfortable with, but you should make sure that you get everything done properly.
5. Lastly, you need to always have a very basic understanding of what the clients are asking you. Most clients will want quality, and that is exactly what you should deliver on.